Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bunk beds?

So, we are moving in about 2 or 3 weeks. The final date hasn't been set quite yet. We are still waiting to see when our landlord is getting someone else into this place. Our new apartment has two rooms. The room that you first enter will be a bedroom for Glenn and me, and we will create a section for Aleena as well and partition it off. The main living area has plenty of room- a kitchen, nice bathroom (that Glenn is helping to repair and put new fixtures into), a living room area, a place for our table, and enough room for Aleena to play.

Glenn and I were trying to brainstorm ways to organize our bedroom, and he said, Christine, I think we're going to have to trade in our bed for something smaller. I said, Um, what? He said, I just don't think there's enough room for our king size bed. I said, Do you know what it's like to share a bed with you? I've been kneed in the ribs, elbowed in the nose, kneed in the back- we are NOT getting a smaller bed. Glenn thinks for a moment and then says, I know. How about bunk beds? We both started laughing, because it's a funny thought to think about a married couple having bunk beds, but the truth is that it would make our lives easier! We will NOT be getting bunk beds, at least not for our use. Maybe one day when we have kids who can use them, but not for us! I've earned the right to sleep in the same bed with my husband. And, we'll manage. We always do.

As we sat talking today, we realized that we need to downsize even more. I was thinking, is that even possible? And the answer is always, yes. We are going to sell my piano (and replace it with a full length keyboard that can fit under the bed or couch, the hutch in storage, our computer and desk (which we will trade in for a laptop), a dresser, and the queen bed we have in storage. It's just stuff, right? And in the case of the piano and computer, those will be replaced with more practical items.

I may have said it before, but this move will be easier than the last. I went over yesterday to help our future landlord clean out her garage. That's where her 6 rabbits will live. I know Aleena will love the small animal farm that she has at her home. Isn't it funny where God leads us? If you had told me 5 years ago where I'd be today, I would have said, Absolutely not. No way, no how. And it's okay. Because we only have the grace for today. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment