Friday, February 5, 2010

December 12, 2009

Today I resented the fact that we didn't have a Christmas tree. On the outside, I said to Glenn, "Why bother? We have no room for one, and all of my Christmas decorations are at your friend's house. Not like I can just get everything out of the closet." But, on the inside, I was dying. I didn't feel the "Christmas spirit." I'd barely done any shopping, and I was feeling sorry for myself.

For as long as I can remember, we've always gone the weekend after Thanksgiving to cut down a fresh Christmas tree. And, each year I always pick out one that's about 7 feet tall and wider than Glenn thinks will fit into the house. This year, we didn't have any floor space to put a tree.

BUT, my hubby came to the rescue. One of his friend's was attending a Christmas tree party and offered to get us a tree as a Christmas present. I overheard Glenn saying, That would be so great, Kay! Just make sure it's not over 4 feet and that it's small. I'm thinking like a Charlie Brown tree."
Oh Lord, did he seriously just say Charlie Brown tree?
I want to find a hole and live in it until the holidays are over. So much for my perfect $70 tree this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment