Friday, February 5, 2010

October 24, 2009

Today was moving day. And, of course, it rained down buckets. "God, couldn't you hold the rain off until we moved our furniture? My bed? Guess not." The rain outside reminded me of the silent tears I was crying inside. A total upheaval. A move that I didn't want to make. So we shouldn't have bought the house in the first place...If only I could go back to that day and count the cost, not get suckered into the interest only loan, and oh the possibilities of making $100,000 in just a short 3 years. Who knew that the housing market was going to crash? Who knew that you shouldn't trust the banks when they let you borrow more than you can afford? Well, a lot of people knew that and were smart. We weren't among those.
To get some financial advice, we started watching Dave Ramsey's show and hearing about all those people who were able to be debt free...an impossible task for us for sure with our outrageous mortgage and my school loans. But the more we listened, the more we desired to be financially free. To be debt free. To pay off all our credit cards. To get rid of them even. To pay off my school loans....and to pay off the debt that we were accruing from the short sale of our home...just a dream?

I stopped daydreaming and started scrubbing the empty kitchen floor again. God, seriously, are you in this? We've sold our home, so much of our furniture. We've put the remaining "stuff" into storage, and now I'm going to live out in the country, where Glenn can shoot a deer off of our front porch. I just don't think I can do this. How will I survive?

I heard Him speak to me so clearly in the silence of the empty townhouse I used to own, "Don't despise small beginnings, My Daughter. Don't despise them."

No comments:

Post a Comment