Friday, February 5, 2010

January 4, 2010

A new year. A new opportunity. My goal this year is to completely pay off my private school loan. That's $25,000. A "reaching for the stars" kind of goal, but if I don't at least try, then what's the point of being where I am? It's a sacrifice to live here.
I wasn't offended when my mother in law asked, "So did this used to be a garage?" Well, yeah, it could have been. It was a carriage house.
If we don't keep our eyes on the prize, I start looking around at the waves of my circumstance, and it feels like I'm drowning.
It's still cold. The crawl space is really starting to make it impossible to heat this place up. Dude isn't committing one way or another to a quick fix, and Glenn is trying to come up with multiple solutions to keep us warm. What is up with all this freezing cold weather? A crazy wind whipping everything around outside almost steals the heat and when it's below 20 degrees outside, it's about 45 inside until the wood stove gets cranking. I hate being cold. I'm adding that to my list. Bees, mice, roaches, and being cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment