Friday, February 5, 2010

December 13, 2009

I got into a fight with our Christmas tree... and I finally won. I had to put on the red "wood stove" gloves to put lights on the tree and hang ornaments, but I finally won. That sucker gave me red pin dots and scratches all up and down my arms. I was not in a "holly jolly" mood when I was decorating the tree. In fact, I had to walk out of the house a couple of times so that I wouldn't start screaming at the tree. Glenn kept reminding me that it was free and a gift. I should be grateful.

Yes, I should be grateful, but I'm not. Living here is so hard. We still don't have heat. Thank God we have the wood stove and space heaters. Dude said his friend is coming to fix the furnace tomorrow. A month and a half later, and it's finally getting fixed. The crawl space makes it so cold in here. Yesterday I came downstairs and the space heater read 45 degrees. This is crazy. I tell Glenn it's not worth it. I want to move. And he says it's really rough right now, but it'll get better. Once the furnace gets fixed and he insulates the crawl space, it'll be better. We just have to "hang in there."
I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread. God, don't you see me? Don't you see how cold I am? Do you care? I know you care. I just need grace. Lots of grace to get through this. And heat. I NEED heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment